BYC Members Return Spiritually Charged From Vrindavan
The highlight of the yatra was the association of Deena Bandhu Das, a disciples of Srila Prabhupada who has guided thousands of devotees and visitors through Vrindavan and places around Vrindanvan since 28 years.
The group visited the following holy places during their seven-day parikrama:
– Sri Sri Krishna Balaram Temple: It also houses the Deities of Sri Sri Gaur Nitai and Sri Sri Radha Shyamsunda which were personally installed by Srila Prabhupada. The temple’s 24-hour kirtan surcharges the temple atmosphere with spiritual energy and attracts hundreds devotees and visitors.
– Bhandiravan: The holy place where Radha and Krishna were married by with Brahma as the priest, Mansarovar, a lake made of Radharani’s tears and Baelvan where Goddess Laxmi performed tapasya to enter into Raas-lila.
– Radhakunda: On 26 November, the devotees observed the disappearance day of Srila Krishnadas Kaviraj Goswami, Srila Raghunath Bhatta Goswami and Srila Raghunath Bhatt Goswami. For the first time, procession of the painting of Srila Krishnadas Kaviraj, the author of Sri Caitanya Caritamrita was carried out wherein devotees did parikrama of Radhakund with the painting along with ecstatic kirtan, this was followed by a talk on the lives of Krishnadas Kaviraj,Srila Raghunath Das Goswami and Srila Raghunath Bhatta Goswami by Deenabandhu Pr. The babaji who takes care of the samadhi of Krishnadas Kaviraj at Radhakund arranged for a feast for all the devotees and in true Vaishnava style saw to it that each devotee was satisfied.
– Ter Kadamba: It is the place where Rupa Goswami completed Sri Upadeshamrita (the Nectar of Instruction) and Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu (the Nectar of Devotion). Deena Bandhu Das spoke about the pastimes of Sri Rupa Goswami, foremost of the six Goswamis who were the direct disciples of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. The devotees participated in a sweet ceremony accutane online no prescription where Deena Bandhu Das conducted the first grain giving ceremony for little Balaram, the younger son of Sitaram Das (Maintenance Dept. Coordinator at ISKCON Juhu). Thereafter the devotees visited Vrindakunda, where Vrindadevi resides eternally. A katha (story) about Vrindadevi was followed by Vrindakund-grown organic prasadam.
– Kamyavan: One of the forest of Vrindavan which houses Bhojanthali (Krishna Balram’s eating plates), Vyomasur Gufa (the cave where Krishna killed Vyomasur), impressions from Krishna’s necklace and garland on the stones and lastly Krishna-Balaram’s slide where they used to play. It was fun sliding down on a natural slide. Devotees also visited Kamneshwar Mahadev, a temple of Lord Shiva is considered the protector of the Holy Dham and a topmost Vaishnava.
– Vrindavan: On Sharad Purnima (the first day of auspicious Kartik month), devotees visited local temples in Vrindavan such as Madan Mohan, Banke Bihari, Radha Damodar, Sevakunj and braced themselves for an exciting night parikrama of Sri Govardhan. The group started Govardhan parikrama from Kusum Sarovar at 7:30pm along with 200 devotees from different countries and took short halts to hear katha from Deena Bhandhu Das at Mansi Ganga, Govinda kuna, Poochri and Aniyor town. The devotees offered Damodarastakam (with ghee lamps) to Sri Govardhan and blissfully completed the parikrama at 4:30am.
– Barsana: It is the eternal residence of Sri Radharani. Devotees visited Sankhri Khor (the narrow pass where Krishna used to collect tax from the gopis), Chiksauli and Prem Sarovar which was the lake formed due to the tears of Radharani and the gopis in separation of Krishna.
The spiritually surcharged BYC members concluded their trip with a heavy heart and requested Sri Radharani to allow them entrance into Her abode (Sri Vrindavan) again.